The Pacific Autism Family Centre (PAFC) is a proposed centre of excellence for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. The PAFC’s core purpose is to be a Knowledge Centre: Bringing together state of the art resources for research, information, learning, assesment, treatment and support; and building capacity to address the lifespan needs of individuals with ASD, and their families across BC. Read More »
DONATE TO THE PAFC
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE:
CAREERS AT THE PAFC
- Manager, Fund Development
- Program Coordinator
- Program Facilitator
- Clinical Director
HELP BUILD A DENTAL CLINIC AT THE PAFC
CONTACT: Mr. Terry MacKay, Project Director
604-992-1308 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pacific Autism Family Centre has embarked on an ambitious path to create a dental clinic within our new Centre. When you speak to families who have children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, it quickly becomes apparent that dental care is a prevalent and difficult issue for them. Most routine dental interventions require general anesthetic. However, following a successful local model, initiated at BC’s Children and Women Hospital, we believe that we can provide routine hygiene and dental care without the intervention of general anesthetic and hospitalization. We are partnering with the UBC Faculty of Dentistry on this program and have already designed two full dental rooms…
READ MORE ABOUT THIS
RECENT NEWS COVERAGE
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
- We encourage the ongoing participation of all members of the autism community in BC.
- We actively foster, and benefit from, the synergy of bringing together families, practitioners and researchers.
- We are a family-centered service organization.
- We customize our services to the needs of the individual with ASD and their family.
- We maintain an environment that promotes innovation.
- We embrace evidence-based practice.
- We provide accurate information on a wide variety of therapies in a respectful manner.
- We believe in universality.
- We advocate for fair, equitable and inclusive access to services regardless of location or economic situation.
- Our governance is controlled by the community.
- We ensure oversight is provided by appropriate professional advisory committees.
- We operate as a not-for-profit agency and charitable organization.
- The Centre maintains rigorous accountability.
- We reach out to those most in need.
JOIN THE PAFC TEAM:
Get notified of special events and news:
Your information will be kept private & secure.