ORGANIZATION LISTINGS (Alphabetical)
ABLE Developmental Clinic Inc.
The ABLE Developmental Clinic is a private multidisciplinary clinic providing assessment, treatment and consultation for children and youth experiencing difficulties with Attention, Behaviour, Learning and Emotion.
Services our clinics provide:
- Assessment and Diagnosis (children and adults)
- Sibling Support Services
- Social Pragmatic Language Groups
- Infant and Toddler Intervention – ESDM
- Clinical Child Psychology
- Child Neuropsychology- Surrey
- Educational Psychology
- Individual/Family Counselling
- Behavioural Consulting- Mobile
- Speech/Language Pathology
Current Staff at PAFN include: Psychologists/Counsellors, Speech Language Pathologist. If you or your family are struggling with issues in any of the above areas, ABLE may be able to assist you in clarifying the concerns, developing priorities, and focusing you on the path leading to the best possible outcome.
The purpose of the AIMS clinic is to provide well integrated, ‘best practice’ multidisciplinary medical and allied health services for diagnostic screening, assessment and treatment of individuals with autism spectrum and/or related neurodevelopmental disorders across the lifespan. Comprehensive services offered include:
- Medical Genetic Consultations – available for all ages, offering personal and/or family-focused genetic counselling, molecular genetic testing and evaluation of environmental disease risks via analyses of personal metabolome, proteome and gut microbiome
- Developmental Pediatrician Consultations – includes comprehensive assessment, diagnosis and treatment recommendations
- General Pediatric Consultations – Include evaluation of past and present health of child, including a physical examination and appropriate laboratory investigations
Contact Information: (604) 207-1984
AutismBC is a parent based and directed society that has been working to enhance and improve the lives of those affected by autism in British Columbia since 1975. We have a presence across the province and are supported by over 2300 members. Our vision is an inclusive society where people on the autism spectrum reach their full potential. We deliver programing in three key areas:
- Information and Awareness
- Education and Training
Autism Information Services British Columbia (AIS BC)
As a provincial information centre for autism and related disorders, we provide information, support and training to: families, service providers, and community professionals across B.C. Our experienced staff are available to explain the range of best practice treatments; how to effectively use your Autism Funding; and to help you navigate the B.C. service system.
Connect with us: 8:30am-4:30pm (M-F)
Call Toll-free 1 844 878-4700
In person 3688 Cessna Drive Richmond, B.C. V7B 1C7
Autism Support Network
The Autism Support Network is the trusted, recognized, autism support organization that provides resources to families of those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including information, education and support. Our vision is to create a secure, inclusive community of support, ensuring that families of those with ASD have access to quality, science-based treatments, so that individuals with Autism may reach their full potential. We can provide individualized support and information in addition to our parent support groups/meetings.
Provide ABA treatment and speech language therapy services for young children with autism or other delays.
- Behavior Consultants
- Behavior Interventionists
- Speech Language Pathologists
ET Music Therapy
ET Music Therapy is based on one simple principle: music is one of the most motivating and effective mediums for building strong connections with individuals with diverse needs. Serving Early Intervention to Adolescents & Adults.
- Individual & group sessions
- Rock Band
- Adapted music lessons
- Facilitated workshops, presentations
- Consultation & Training
- Relaxation Recordings for download
LifeLabs has developed specific blood collection practices as part of our Serving Customers with Autism program to deliver a safe and positive experience that increases the likelihood of a successful procedure. The program is specially designed to provide a caring and compassionate experience for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We recognize that blood collection can be a difficult experience for some patients, and our Serving Customers with Autism program helps to ensure a safe and positive experience to increase the likelihood of a successful collection. Our first priority is the safety of patients and employees – if a procedure is not going well, LifeLabs will work to find an alternative time or collection method that is best for the patient.
The program offers:
- Flexible appointment dates and times
- A one-on-one experience tailored to meet your needs
- Fast and reliable test results
Little Buddies Pediatric Therapy
Little Buddies is a team of passionate Occupational Therapists specializing in working with children with autism spectrum disorders and developmental delay. Our relationship based approach is family-centered, and we aim to empower your child with the skills they need to be happy and engaged little explorers! The OT’s at Little Buddies use play as the medium to engage, build relationships, and develop a child’s skills in the following areas:
- Play and Social Skills
- Sensory Processing
- Fine Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills
- Self-care Skills
- Feeding Skills
- We have Occupational Therapist’s available who are fluent in Mandarin and Tagalog.
POPARD provides consultation, training and support services to all public and independent schools across BC, with a primary focus on increasing the capacity of school district staff to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
Services provided include:
- Consultation – student consultation, extended consultation, class wide consultation, program consultation, implementation support
- Psycho-educational and Functional Behaviour Assessments
- Special Research Projects
- Workshops and Professional Development
- Training Courses
SOAR Inclusive Preschool
At SOAR, children on the Autism spectrum learn alongside typically developing classmates. Children who have no diagnosis benefit from the school’s individualized curriculum while they build social awareness and learn to accommodate different types of friends. They master early learning lessons by sharing them with classmates, becoming role models and partners for practicing play and communication skills.
All children can learn at SOAR Inclusive Preschool, regardless of diagnosis or needs. We know everyone has something to work on, whether sharing or shyness, patience or paying attention. Learning to accept and enjoy friends with differences prepares young learners to succeed in their community schools and in Canadian society.
Our caring instructors are fluent in contemporary teaching and behavioural support strategies and receive regular supervision and consultation from experts in the field. We are the first preschool in British Columbia to provide an equal number of independent and supported placements (1 support worker for every two students).